The SPC is looking for a dynamic and innovative leader to serve as President and Chief Executive Officer (hereinafter referred to as “CEO”) who will be responsible for leading, managing and staffing the corporation and all aspects of administration of the Commission. The CEO will oversee the development of all agency work plans and budgets as well as implement policies and programs set forth by the Board. Additionally, the CEO will publicly represent the SPC at the local, state and national levels including meeting with local businesses, government agencies, public interest groups, non-profit organizations, citizen groups and other stakeholders. As CEO, this position reports directly to the Corporation Board of Directors and serves the Commission as Executive Director.
The SPC is seeking a strong leader with a proven track record of:
• managing a multi-county regional planning organization or serving in a similar capacity
• managing a diverse workforce and stakeholders
• developing, setting, and executing short- and long-range organizational plans and visions
• working effectively with governance boards
• establishing and developing strong relationships with local, state and national government agencies, elected officials, private businesses, landowners and developers, residents and other community stakeholders
• managing external affairs and communication
• managing a complex organization and efficiently managing budgets and organizational resources
The ideal candidate must possess excellent relationship managements skills, be capable of managing a complex planning organization with a large presence that will have a direct impact on regional mobility and transportation, economic development, the environment, residential and commercial real estate development. The candidate must also be capable of rolling up their sleeves to manage staff and build, inspire and develop a regional plan that supports the regional growth that will occur in the future and strengthen both the transportation network and economic growth that Southwestern Pennsylvania is seeking.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
• At least 10 years of leadership experience in a multi-county regional organization with transportation planning responsibilities.
• Experience working with elected officials and professional/technical staff in development of transportation plans and other programs for urban, suburban and rural communities.
• Knowledge of the economic, environmental and infrastructure assets in the Southwestern Pennsylvania region with established regional relationships.President and CEO
• Experience administering programs with federal, state and local funding.
• Record of innovative leadership in developing plans, policies and strategies.
• High integrity and transparent non-partisan leadership.
• Impeccable personal and professional ethics, integrity and standards.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter with a high level of energy who is capable of leading a complex organization with limited staff and resources.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that enable her/him to effectively engage the organization at all levels in key business initiatives and communicate effectively with a diverse contingent of stakeholders.
• Sound professional judgement, initiative and resourcefulness required.
• Excellence in relationship management with diverse audiences and an experienced and effective advocate.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with numerous audiences including transportation leaders, real estate developers, public officials, and the local community – from demonstrating the political savviness to working with government leaders and to offering care and dedication to the needs of community partners and their constituents.
• Ability to identify unique and creative alternative approaches to funding such as public private partnerships.
• A transparent leader, a good listener and a proactive communicator, with a charismatic and energetic demeanor towards personal engagement.
• Ability to speak publicly to large and small audiences and to stakeholders of varying backgrounds.
• Strong, effective, professional manager and administrator.
• Natural inclination to lead change and implement action items.
• A collaborative leader who is confident and assertive in style, while being respectful of others.
• Contagious charisma, appropriate sense of humor, enthusiasm and authenticity are essential.
• Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional internal and external resources to ensure the organization remains financially secure and that financial resources are appropriately allocated to the SPC’s projects and programs.
• Ability to think creatively and develop innovative approaches and ideas to meet challenges; generate suggestions for improving work and course correction when necessary.
• Well-developed management skills and the ability to delegate responsibility and authority yet remain hands-on with appropriate attention to detail.
• Successful team-building skills and knowledge in fostering high performing teams.
• The ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, as necessary
EDUCATION ▪ Bachelor’s degree in related field is required. Master’s degree in urban/regional planning, civil engineering, public administration or related field is preferred. ▪ At least 10 years of leadership experience in a multi-county regional organization with transportation planning responsibilities or in a leadership position of a similar-type organization. ▪ Professional certification, AICP membership preferred.
Neal Lieberman 7101 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1210 Bethesda, MD 20814, Tel Mobile 301 654 7533 EMAIL: email@example.com
Gregg Moser 7101 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1210 Bethesda, MD 20814 Tel Mobile 301 654 7533 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY To obtain more information or to apply, please send a coverletter and resume to SPC@kapartners.com