L-520 Bail Before Verdict
In re: Local Rules of Court CP-10-AD- 2-2006
Administrative Order of Court
And now, this 1st day of August, 2006, it is hereby ordered and decreed that the Butler County local rules of criminal procedure (L117 and L520) are hereby approved and adopted and are herewith made a part of the Butler County Local Rules of Criminal Procedure for use in the Court of Common Pleas of Butler County, Pennsylvania, the 50th Judicial District of Pennsylvania, effective thirty (30) days after the publication of the rule in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
It is further ordered and decreed that the Court Administrators Office of Butler County shall:
- File seven certified copies of this Administrative Order and Local Rule with the Administrative Office of the Pennsylvania Courts.
- File two certified copies of this Administrative Order and Local Rule and one diskette in the required format with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
- File one certified copy of this Administrative Order and Local Rule with the Pennsylvania Criminal Procedural Rules Committee.
- Forward one copy of this Administrative Order to the administrative office of the Butler County Legal Journal for publication.
- Keep continuously available for public inspection copies of this Administrative Order in the Office of the Butler County Clerk of Courts, in the Office of the Court Administrator and the Butler County Law Library.
By the Court
Thomas J. Doerr, President Judge
Rule L520 Bail Before Verdict
Monetary bond may be posted outside of regularly scheduled work hours with a Magisterial District Judge, the Clerk of Courts or the Warden of the Butler County Prison with the following provisions:
- Summary Bonds required prior to the verdict or other case disposition in the amount of FIVE HUNDRED ($500) DOLLARS and NO CENTS or less shall be posted with the Warden at the Butler County Prison.
- Summary Bonds required prior to verdict or other case disposition in the amount of FIVE HUNDRED ($500) DOLLARS and NO CENTS or more shall be posted with "on -call" Magisterial District Judge.
- All Property Bonds must be posted during regular business hours with the Clerk of Courts of Butler County.
Comment: This rule is intended to ensure compliance with the statewide Rules of Criminal Procedure to prevent the violation of the rights of defendants caused by the lack of availability of the issuing authority. Police officers, constables and other law enforcement personnel who are obtaining and serving said warrants should do so during normal business hours and, if not, should provide written statements indicating good cause for not being able to do so upon request of the issuing authority.
Note: Local Rule L520 and Local Rule L117 were both originally adopted on August 1, 2006 and were published together. On February 15, 2011, a new Local Rule L117 was adopted. For the purpose of clarity, it has been removed from this publication of Local Rule 520 which was not changed.