There are a wide range of federal and state benefits available to qualified veterans and their families. These benefits include grants and supportive services.
Benefits we can assist you with include:
- Service Connected Disability and Compensation
- Non-Service Connected Pension/Aid & Attendance (nursing home)
- Survivor Benefits
- Butler County Veterans In Need Emergency Assistance
- PA State Temporary Assistance
- GI Bill
- Federal and County Burial Benefits
- Flag Holders
- Real Estate Tax Exemption
- Other PA State Program
Noteworthy news and upcoming events for Butler County Veterans
- The Veteran Affairs office is currently located on the 5th Floor. Give us a call to schedule an appointment or stop in to see us!
- VA Medical Center Update: If a VA enrolled Veteran went to an emergency room he/she could notify the VA within 72 hours in order to facilitate the behind-the-scenes administrative things needed to take place for the VA to act on behalf of that Vet. In the past, that call could have been placed to the VA Medical Center to which the Veteran was enrolled. But there is now a new national number to which the Veteran will need to call to initiate that 72 hour notice: 1-844-72HRVHA (844-724-7842). All 72 hour calls now need to go to that number only. The 72 hour timer starts from when the Veteran goes to the emergency room, not when the veteran is discharged.
- Direct Deposit Enrollment Changes: The VA will no longer use the Direct Deposit Enrollment form 24-0296 or 24-0296a. Please refer to the attachment for further details. Direct Deposit Enrollment
- Our 2020 Veteran of the Year is LeRoy Bunyan! If you see him around make sure you give him a huge congratulations!