There are many resources available 24/7 for veterans and their loved ones experiencing a mental health crisis. If you are currently at risk of harming yourself or another please call 911 or the Veterans Crisis Line and someone will be happy to assist you immediately.
Veterans Crisis Line
- This resource is available 24/7 to connect Veterans and/or their loved ones with a qualified and caring VA responder.
- Please call 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1.
- National expansion in 2022 will launch roughly in July and will allow a veteran to Dial 988 then PRESS 1. Updates on this change to come.
Coaching into Care
- This is a program for families and loved ones of Veterans who are looking for resources to encourage the Veteran in their lives to seek support. Please call 888-823-7458
Mental Health Apps
- If you or a loved one is living with PTSD there are online resources at your fingertips to help with self care
Resources for Providers
- Suicide Risk Management Consultation Program
- Free consultation and resources for any provider in the community or VA who serves Veterans at risk for suicide. You can request a consultation at email@example.com
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Consultation Program
- Any provider who treats Veterans with PTSD can ask a question or request a consultation by emailing PTSDconsult@va.gov OR calling 866-948-7880
Survivor Support Resources
- Tragedy assistance program for survivors
Make the Connection
- Connects Veterans and their loved ones to hundreds of videos and resources regarding mental health support and recovery.