- Elected Officials
- Dog Licenses
2023 Dog Licenses on sale December 1, 2022
Search for its owner at: Dog Licenses website.
Online dog license sales are available at: Dog Licenses website.
See the Resource Directory for a list of dog license agents.
- Must be licensed by January 1 each year
- Required for all dogs 3 months of age and older
- A dog license for a non-senior citizen is $6.50 for an altered dog and $8.50 for an unaltered dog.
- A dog license for a senior citizen is $4.50 for an altered dog and $6.50 for an unaltered. The State of Pennsylvania recognizes anyone 65 years or older at the time of application as a senior citizen.
- Duplicate licenses are available at the Butler County Treasurer’s Office for $1.50.
Please keep the license receipt for your records.
- Lifetime licenses may only be purchased at the Butler County Treasurer’s Office, in person or by mail.
- If your pet is microchipped, it is eligible for a Lifetime dog license.
- Lifetime Dog License Application AND Permanent Identification Verification (PIV) Form signed by Veterinarian or Technician are required by law for the purchase of the Lifetime Dog License.
- Download and print the required forms below:
Complete the application and send it, along with payment to:
Butler County Treasurer
124 West Diamond Street
P.O. Box 1208
Butler, PA 16003
Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement
- Pennsylvania’s Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement is responsible for law enforcement in regard to dog licenses and other Pennsylvania state laws regarding dogs.
- Failure to license a dog is a summary offense punishable by a maximum fine of $300 for each unlicensed dog. The minimum fine is $50 plus court costs. All dogs must be under control and are not permitted to run at-large.
- Complaints may be reported to the Interim Local State Dog Warden, Renee Harding at 724-544-1708, or you may complete the following Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Bureau of Dog Law Complaint form.
The purpose of the information listed on this website is to be helpful to those who have questions. Please note that absolutely no information listed for the Butler County Treasurer should be used as legal advice. Personnel are not permitted to give any legal advice. If you have a question concerning legality, please contact an attorney.