We’re excited to announce our Property Record Search is NOW available online!
As we continue to improve our efforts to better serve you, please note that if there is not a sketch available on the search or you need the old record card data as well you will have to visit us as we continue to grow this service.
(For More information on this project click here! Portico Web Project)
Important Notice for Visitors:
We have moved!
You can find us in the Government Center Annex located on Level UL.
Don’t worry there are plenty of signs to help you when you get here!
- You may have your temperature taken upon request at the entrance to the Government Center even though it is not required- just ask a Deputy at the front door!
- Masks are REQUIRED FOR ENTRY, there are hand sanitizing stations conveniently located and we are cleaning the public areas daily.
There is some assessment information (including sale information if applicable) available on our GIS Mapping site at https://gis.co.butler.pa.us/
The mission of the Assessment Department is to assess and promote uniformity to all real estate in the County of Butler. The Assessment Department operates primarily under the authority of the Consolidated County Assessment Law 53 Pa. C.S. § 8801et Seq., and such other laws and statutes that may relate. The Assessment Department generates the property tax bills for the County, Municipalities, and School Districts.
The County and Municipal Property Tax Bills were sent out on March 1, 2021. Please refer to your bill for tax collector information and due dates.
The School Property Tax Bill will be sent out August 1, 2021.
If you own property in Butler County and did not receive a tax bill, please contact your local tax collector.
Documents and Forms
- Board of Assessment Appeal Form
- Application for Homestead and Farmstead Exclusions (PDF)
- Change of Address Form (PDF)
- Millage Sheet (PDF)
- School Districts (PDF)