The Aging Waiver is a program that provides home and community based long-term care services to individuals as an alternative to nursing home placement. Services are funded through a special federal waiver, which allows Medicaid payments typically used for nursing home care to be used for home care services.
- A participant must be 60 years of age or older
- Reside in Butler County
- Be a U.S. citizen or a qualified non-citizen
- Choose to remain at home with community-based in-home services support to meet medical needs rather than placement in a nursing home
- Meet the medical requirements of the program. Medical eligibility is determined by a comprehensive assessment completed by Butler County Area Agency on Aging and documentation by your physician
- Meet financial requirements as determined by the local County Assistance Office requirements for program participation
- If a person is applying for the Aging Waiver Program and is legally married, then the assets and income of both the individual applying and spouse are taken into consideration when determining financial eligibility
The Department of Human Services can recover costs incurred by recipient in the Aging Waiver Program, if applicable.
The Butler County Area Agency on Aging will verify your age and assess your needs to determine if you are medically eligible for the Aging Waiver Program. The Independent Enrollment Broker (IEB) will assist you with completing a financial application to determine if you are financially eligible to participate in this program.
Once both assessments are completed and if you are determined eligible, you will be able to receive a variety of services. A care manager and registered nurse, from the Service Coordination Agency you selected, will be assigned to you to develop a care plan based upon your needs.
Begin the Application Process
To begin the Application process, please contact The Independent Enrollment Broker (IEB) 1-877-550-4227.