- Human Services
Butler County Human Services is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of the service system addressing the needs of our target populations.
The populations we serve include:
- Children and their families experiencing abuse and neglect
- Older adults
- People who are homeless
- People with developmental delays
- People with mental illness
- People with substance use disorders
Block Grant Plan
For more information, access the 22/23 Human Services Block Grant Plan (PDF).
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
UPDATE: Due to projected funding constraints resulting from the number of applications we have received for ERAP assistance, Friday, April 28th will be the last day that NEW applications will be accepted for ERAP in Butler County (recertifications will still be accepted after that date). Only COMPLETED applications received by 4pm on 4/28/23 will be processed. Please see the attached application packet for a list of all items/information that must be submitted to be considered a complete application.
New applications received before 4pm on April 28th will follow the following prioritization policy that was implemented on 2/1/23:
- Qualified applicants who have an income of 50% and below AMI will be eligible to receive up to 6 months of prospective rental assistance and up to 3 months of prospective utility assistance and/or other expenses related to housing (depending on ongoing availability of funds).
- Qualified applicants who have an income of 51% to 80% AMI will be eligible to receive up to 3 months of prospective rental assistance and up to 3 months of prospective utility assistance and/or other expenses related to housing (depending on ongoing availability of funds).
- Arrearages for all qualified applicants can still be paid for up to 18 months (depending on availability of funds), but it is important to note that no applicant can receive more than a total of 18 months of assistance, including arrearages and prospective payments.
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) Application (PDF)
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) Administrative Plan & Policies (PDF)
Find Additional Services
Need help finding services?
Call 211, or visit the PA 211 Southwest website.
Center for Community Resources
To contact the Center for Community Resources, call 1-844-360-4372 or visit the Center for Community Resources website.